Sunday, September 27, 2009

The blog comes to an end

Many of you have followed us through our last year and our two adoptions. At this moment one year ago today, I was sleeping in a guest house in Ethiopia. I would wake up in the morning and we would go to get Tamene. And he would be with us forever, from that day forward.



The girls have been home almost two months, and the weather outside reminds me of how far Tamene has come in that last year. I sigh to know a year from now there will be a special connection that we will have watched develop in the first year the girls are here.



Our journey to Ghana changed me. I have been called to take on new endeavors. More of that will be to come in the next few weeks and months, much of it relating to Ghana.



For now I will sign off from this blog. It will stay here a while longer in case I have more to say. But I will move back to updates on my family blog, and as Project Global Hope develops I will post more about how to find out about our work.



About 8 months ago I "saw her face" for the first time. And now When I see her face I know the love from the first moment was real love. "Her" is both of my girls. Her is the spirit of this adoption. I love the girls and I love Ghana. By the time Tamene was home 3 months we knew we would adopt again. Here we are, the girls home two months... we aren't ready to do a traditional adoption, but we met some people in Ghana that have become part of our family. We feel that we have a lot of work today in providing for the needs of our new Ghana family. So we'll continue on with our Journeys hoping to impact the lives of more orphans and other adoption journeys.



This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Winston Churchill

4 comments:

  1. I'll miss your posts! Please keep me posted on the orphanage! Best wishes!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send me your new blog address. We are adopting from Ghana and wondering what that means for our family. wondering if you are now in Ghana instead of USA?? Curious for many reasons...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin you can find me at diemtocarpe.blogspot.com
    We live in the US but we are leaving for Ghana in 10 days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Join Best Online Jobs without any investment, Data Entry and Copy pasting Jobs.
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete